The Wayward Road
- Deviating from what is desired, expected, or required, especially in being disobedient or in gratifying one’s own inclinations.
- Tending to behave in ways that are not socially acceptable
The Wayward Road is a place for those who choose a path that deviates from the common, socially expected way of life: the security of dead end 9-5 jobs, staying in the same place your entire life, and building your comfort bubble never to leave it.
This is a place for travelers, digital nomads, expats, and people whose lifestyles are not attached to one specific place. It is also a place for people who don’t currently fit into any of the above categories, but wish to someday.
We believe that having an independent and nomadic lifestyle does not have to be incompatible with developing your own professional pursuits. Quite the opposite actually. It makes you a better and more prepared professional. We believe (and know) that there are ways of making these two concepts compatible.
Because there’s nothing fun about taking the path already paved. Go off-roading.
Who are we?
Raúl (the Spaniard)
- Born and raised in Cadiz, Spain
- Studied Business Administration
- Studied abroad and worked in Poland and Chile
- Traveled to 38 countries
- Currently working remotely for a tech company based in Singapore
Raúl is a graduate from the University of Cádiz. He’s been a tennis player all his life and also enjoys shooting the occasional hoops. He is an unconditional fan of Tarantino and good music. Previously, he blogged for La Guia Go! but sadly it no longer exists. He has a master’s in kebabs, shawarmas and the likes. A doctorate in burgers. He’s a first year in Mexican food, but is progressing quite well.
Sam (the American)
- Born in Santa Cruz, CA, raised in Cedar Rapids, IA, and schooled in Seattle, WA
- Studied Spanish and Global Health
- Studied abroad in Ecuador and Spain
- Lived and worked in Spain
- Traveled to 40 countries
- Currently working remotely as a web designer and developer
Sam is a University of Washington grad with a mean case of wanderlust. A beach bum from birth and a dancer since she learned to walk, a day filled with sun, salt, and sand is perfectly followed by a little siesta and dancing the night away. Currently, she spends her free time daydreaming about her next destination and waiting to catch the travel bug once again…